Thursday, July 19, 2007

Stir It Up!!!

Hope all of you explored and appreciated the new colours on the blog. I hope it comes across for what I meant it to be - something completely different from the old layout, something bright, gay and over-the-top (though I don't think it is still so over-the-top as I'd have liked it to be) Of course, the change didn't just happen for the sake of it. I changed the layout simply for the lack of something better to do. The bliss of inactivity you might say but I prefer to call it 'encountering the perils of an idle mind'.
After all, isn't it ironical that a title (and a post) I've been thinking of writing about for the last month or so, sees the light of the day so late during my vacations? Probably not, I guess. It's probably a case of actually stirring things up and then acquiring the right to talk about it - at least that's what the blogger's ego inside of me wants to believe. Evidently, for all the philosophies and crap this mind can spout, the feeling of actually doing the said things is definitely better than the eternal philosophizing.
See the thing is, with hardly ten days worth of vacations remaining and having enjoyed two precious months worth of vacations, I had simply run out of things to do. My stock of interesting BITsian tales had apparently exhausted itself long ago (the remainder of these tales were the inside jokes and stories, which people in the outside world can surely never appreciate.) I'd reduced myself to watching re-runs of movies - for the first time, I realized how few movies are actually shown on TV - after all it's all about repeat telecasts. And of course, even sleep deserted me - an extra six-hour nap to go with my twelve-hour sleeping routine could have helped me to get rid of that boredom.
So, with the seemingly futile prospect of killing time in any and whatever way possible, I decided to stir it up. And hence the change in colours.
Needless to say, this change was the only stirring up I did. After it, I felt weak, troubled and exhausted - all a result of the toll inactivity had exacted on me. And now, to bring a sort of closure to this episode (and also to my desire for radical change) I chose to write about why I actually decided to change the layout. After all, this blog might be stuck with the same layout until another bout of inactivity hits me and I decide to stir it up all over again.

2 Responses:

Rachit Chandra said...

Nice Layout! Reminds me of Kiruba and Dilip D Souza's blogs

Saurya Chakraborty said...

u asked me a question about my layout...and i see you've provided a very elaborate answer...keep at it my friend...some day u'll be able to remove the 'i hope' tag...